On almost a daily basis I am asked the following question:
“We have a great website and we get quite a lot of visitors, but we are not getting enough (or any) sales, can you just have a quick look and see what you think?”
Most of the people asking the questions are people I am connected to on the various social networks and the remainder are subscribers and visitors to my website.
I generally ask: Who made your website and how much did you pay for it ?
- Around 40% reply “I made it myself” or a “friend or family member made it”
- Around 20% reply “Oh it was quite cheap, we can upgrade when we can afford it”
- Around 20% reply “it was really expensive but it was worth it, it looks great”
- Around 20% dodge the question and do not want to answer, so I don’t push it.
All of the people concerned realise the potential benefit of owning a website, yet very few if any of them understand, (and I mean really understand) the internet and none of them understand website and internet technology.
If they did, they would not be asking me why their website was not working!
Increasingly (in my opinion) all businesses need to be online, all businesses need to have a website, a hub for their business. The website and associated social media platforms are places where we can create the desire for prospects to buy our products and services and they are also perfect for interacting with customers and for providing customer services.
So where does one start ? How does one gain the knowledge?
Consider these internet stats:
- UK Population 62,348,447 (2010)
- UK Internet Users: 51,442,100 Internet users in June/10,
- Percent of UK Population who use the internet 82.5 %
- UK FaceBook Users: 27.8 Million UK people have a FaceBook Account
- 44.6% of the UK Population on FaceBook.
My point is this, before you spend any time or money investing in online activities please equip yourself with enough knowledge to make informed decisions. This will save your organisation a great deal of time and money.
Consider attending the Social Media and Network Marketing Intermediate Course.
Last updated byat .