I Originally posted this satirical story on my Ecademy blog in April 2011 but people get so much fun from it that I have decided to repeat it here to share the post with more people. If you like it give it +1 – and if you love it – please Tweet it from the bottom of the page – Thanks – Mick
20 Really EASY steps to selling via social media marketing.
1. Join lots of networks knowing that you will sell loads of stuff.
2. Connect to thousands of contacts and try to them sell lots of stuff.
3. Wait for the orders to pour in, they’re gonna come right?
4. Scratch your head and wait a bit longer, the money is coming right?
5. OK revaluate your sales plan, connect to MORE people
6. Send out your cheaper offers and wait while the money rolls in overnight !
7. Think, this is all bollocks, social media sucks, I ain’t selling anything !
8. Spit your dummy-out and walk away – it’s a waste of time, right ?
9. But then you think, I may not of sold anything but I enjoyed social media
10. You get back on your computer and begin communicating with people
11. You start having fun writing blogs, and commenting on other blogs
12. You join a few groups and begin helping people and offering advice
13. You lose your Sinicism and start making even more new friends
14. You join a boardroom and give your advice freely
15. You start to attend monthly meetings and let your hair down
16. You start having 1-2-1′s with fellow networkers
17. The phone rings with an enquiry, you were recommended to me by xxx
17. An email lands with an order for three.
18. A new client writes a glowing testimonial
19. You receive 3 emails asking for a quote
20. This serendipity stuff really works !
The Penny drops -
Sales and business growth happens when you have created authority and respect.
That’s it… But you have to work at it
Which stage are you at?
Since writing the post my network has grown still further and I have met in real time and virtually so many great people, friends, mentors, clients and vendors, Social network marketing or more correctly termed – “Inbound Marketing” is a no brainer for business – You’ve got to be in it to win it and if your not in – your business may soon be out in the cold.
If you are in business and you would like to learn more about inbound marketing – please drop us a line. Mick
Last updated byat .